Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Happy First Day!!!

Welcome back!

Today was a great first day! We met in the auditorium where we listened to Mrs. Dressler and Mr. Rosenblatt (our new Vice Principal), talked about our STARbucks, and setting goals for the school year. We even did a little dancing!

The day seemed to go by in a flash! Some highlights:  we challenged ourselves to line up by our birthdays without talking, we learned about our supplies and where things are kept in the classroom, we practiced lining up and moving around in the classroom, we had PE, and we read a funny book called First Day Jitters and after we wrote about our own jitters. By the end of the day, some students wanted to stay longer, some were tired, and some had more and more questions about our room! Don't worry, I have 179 more days to do my best in answering them.

We have parent homework this week! Please do your best to fill out the information in the backpack folders and return it as soon as possible. Backpack folders should come back and forth every day, as information goes home from the office in them.

If you haven't already, please sign up for the Remind account on the right hand side of my blog, or follow the information on the paper that was mailed home last week. It is a great tool to get my blog links and reminders of important events. Parents from my class last year really liked it. You may also use it for communication with me, however please do not send transportation changes through it. Those need to be in written/paper form and given to me by your student when they come in.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. My email is keating@bpsk12.org. Our Open House for adults is on Wednesday, September 14th. I look forward to meeting you then!

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.